Some typical use cases for Progeny's service offering
Confirm a user's claimed identity independent of a user's device or add a second security layer to payment authorization.
- Login - seamless, secure login across any device with a simple glance at a camera
- Payments - Authorize payments by looking at any device's camera
- Strengthens authentication and reduces fraud
- Reduces friction in the user experience
- Platform agnostic
- Available on both web and mobile platforms, platform agnostic
Prevent spoofing attacks via facial liveness detection to confirm that a biometric is of a live, real person.
- Remote customer onboarding - biometric matching of a photo on government-issued Id with selfie
- Verified user accounts - verify whether a person is the holder/user of a specific account
- Scam - prevent account access/takeover or fund transfers in case of phishing attacks and other scams
- Abuse - prevent the handover of an account to another person(s) operating under the same account or the use of multiple accounts by the same person
- Captcha - make sure it's a real person interacting with a website
- Reduces fraud and abuse
- Improves security and accurate biometric matching
- Alerts fraudsters that they are being checked
Validate the identity of a person through facial liveness to combat fraud in the usage of services.
- Know Your Customer (KYC) - onboarding using biometric matching (see above)
- Remote service delivery - verify whether a person claiming to be the service deliverer is a person assigned to the task
- Remote access management - verify whether a person requesting remote access to a data asset is the employee working from home / remote location
- Decreases the costs of identity verification
- Speeds up onboarding and identity verification processes
- Combats fraud in remote onboarding, service delivery, and access management
Manage (restricted) access to a facility or area based on a range of parameters.
- Building access control - control access throughout an entire facility, single, or multiple areas to authenticated users only
- Age verification - prevent access to specific areas for people under a specified age
- Females/males only - provide access to areas reserved for a specific gender only
- Ticketing - make sure the identity of the person who bought the ticket matches the ticket holder and provide for faster check-in
- Increases the security of physical access, without adding layers to the authentication process
- Delivers fast, touch-free, and secure verification
- Provides entry to authenticated users only
Binding the vetted claimed identity to the individual through biometrics.
- Account takeover - prevent access or takeover of an account (see above)
- Account recovery - maintain the integrity of a user's account by adding the user's face as a recovery option
- Booking & check-in - tie verified identity to booking for ultra-fast check-in at a separate 'fast track' terminal/kiosk without the need for an Id check
- Account re-verification - prevent fraud following the initial remote onboarding by re-verifying customers in the background
- Protects against account takeover through phishing and other credential-based attacks
- Allows for simple account recovery
- Enables significantly faster check-in
- Customer can be re-verified at any moment, even in the background
Manage access control and permission management for data in critical business areas or at point of service.
- Role-based access control - restrict access to systems and data
- Audits and ratings - provide access to specific confidential information as part of a quantified assessment
- Security check - prevent hacking when moving funds between hot and cold wallets
- Access to patient information - where access is required for urgent care at point of service
- Improves the security of access control and permission management processes
- Ensures seamless and frictionless process
- Reduces the risk of hacking
Use the secure biometric identity of a person to authorize transactions (online and in-store) and to combat fraud.
- Authorization - enables the authorization of payments on web, mobile, and in-store with a simple glance and by entering bank details only once
- Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) - adds a second security layer to payments
- Provides a frictionless and fast payment process
- Reduces the risk of chargebacks
- Offers a highly secure second layer for SCA
Adopt biometric facial security as authentication for chatbots, virtual assistants, mobility services, and real-time chat interfaces
- Customer service - use mobile-friendly authentication to retrieve a customer's account information and perform transactions directly in conversational interfaces
- Perform active and passive authentication - use a device camera for one-off authentication or use the same device to provide continuous authentication in the background with or without user interaction
- Not required to force customers to switch channels
- Frictionless and highly secure, with the ability to run in the background to monitor an entire session, journey, etc
- No passwords required
Prevent bad actors from beating knowledge-based authentication (KBA) when pretending to be someone they aren't.
- Customer support - prevent account take-over attacks when someone calls pretending to be a valid customer
- Enables highly accurate caller authentication
- Strengthens security and reduces fraud costs
- Reduces agent time spent on KBA