Learn how to use our endpoint to perform several common tasks in the biometric and document verification processes
The Progeny RESTful API
https://be.progeny.tech/api/v3uses the HTTP POST and GET methods to create and update resources in our database.
The request body must be encoded as multipart/form-data.
All API methods return JSON response.
To get a response from each of our endpoints you will first need to make a POST request to obtain a task Id. You then pass in the Id when forming your GET request to get a response.
We'll look at an example using the /liveness endpoint.
Get a task Id
The next step is to pass in that Id into your GET request.
Perform a liveness check
Please be aware that our algorithm requires the submitted picture to simulate real-life scenarios. When testing but also in providing guidance to your end-users, please bear in mind the following points:
- Images should be taken with a device under real-life lightning conditions and without filters
- Avoid using artificially generated selfies, filtered, or enhanced images
- Similarly, avoid using images where the subject is wearing sunglasses, has long or bushy facial hair that sticks out a lot in front of the face, or has a significantly distorted face
- Images taken under bad light conditions, with high motion blur, or excessive light will not provide the most accurate results
Furthermore, images included in each API request must conform to the following requirements:
- PNG, JPEG, or JPG file format and as uncompressed as possible. Do not go below 70%
- Between 480x480 and 4096x4096 pixels. For the best results, we recommend a maximum height of 1080px
- No larger than 2MB
- Face size should be no lower than 224 pixels
- The minimum resolution between the subject's eyes should be no lower than 85 pixels
- Face pitch (equivalent to looking up and down) should be between -25 to 25 degrees
- Yaw angle (equivalent to looking left and right) should be between -25 to 25 degrees
- Face roll angle (equivalent to tilting left and right) from -35 to 35 degrees